Sisk Rifles uses the following bolt-action platforms to build custom rifles:
Winchester 70 Controlled & Push Feed
Weatherby Mark V
All actions are individually blueprinted, which means several things:
- Receiver threads are single pointed;
- The receiver face is turned until true with a carbide facing tool;
- The recoil lug recesses are faced with a carbide-stub boring tool;
- Using a LaBounty bolt fixture to hold the bolt, the boltface, and front, rear, and sides of the bolt lugs are cut true; and
- The lugs are handlapped to a perfect fit.
We prefer to use only premium match-grade barrels made by Krieger, Lilja, or Shilen in our custom rifles. However, if a customer prefers a premium barrel from another manufacturer, we will be happy to honor their request.
With the Hunter finish, the internal and external parts of the rifle are Cera-Kote coated to reduce friction and increase durability. Available in matte black, semi-gloss black, Parkerizing gray (medium dark), stainless steel gray (light gray), earth brown, and olive-drab green, colors can be mixed to produce a camo pattern. Please call or email for details. Caliber and the customer's initials are engraved in the rifle barrel at no extra charge.
Muzzle brakes can be made in various sizes and shapes, from large with a square shoulder, to so closely contoured to the barrel that you can't tell it's threaded on. Please call or email for details.
Stocks can be custom finished in a variety of colors and patterns aside from those provided by the manufacturer. Please see our Stock Finishes page for details.